At Legacy Prep, you will be part of a historical movement to bring the first public charter school to Birmingham, Alabama.
- At Legacy Prep, you are part of a new grassroots, community-focused, and student-centered school that is relentless in our pursuit to provide a high-quality education to the students who need it most.
- Legacy Prep is the first public charter school in Birmingham, primarily composed of promise-keepers, and we will do whatever is takes to achieve our vision.
- Our students (and their families) come first and we empower them to unleash their limitless potential.
- By instilling love, joy, and excellence in our classrooms and a lifetime of learning in our students, Legacy Prep staff, students and families will be inspired to continually give back and invest in the Birmingham community.
At Legacy Prep, you will create new, equitable systems for our students, their families and fellow staff.
- At Legacy Prep, equity is the lens through which we view our responsibilities and you will analyze the root causes and consequences of educational inequity, and work to dismantle them.
- By continually engaging in courageous conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion, you will be part of an adult culture that does not shy away from discussing local and national issues that impact our students and their families.
- Our overarching goal, at all times, is to engage in productive inquiry and dialogue that leads to learning and impact. We define equity as giving every child what he or she needs and creating the conditions to meet high standards and succeed in school and beyond.
This is Legacy Prep.
At Legacy Prep, our students are learning in new and creative ways and you will have the freedom to innovate and the support to grow.
- At Legacy Prep, we encourage innovation and creativity within our schools and classrooms to give our students the quality education that they deserve.
- We will utilize both extended day and extended year models, as we reimagine the educational experience, while exceeding standards and norms.
- We will align our personnel to cater to the needs of our students and actively connect our classrooms with the community.
- However, innovation isn’t just about finding the newest curriculum or using the latest tech tools; some of our most inspiring innovations will be focused on creating joy in our classrooms and a lifetime love of learning.
At Legacy Prep, we believe in the power that teachers hold to give students the opportunities to shine.
- At Legacy Prep, we leverage data to inform all decisions, ensuring we are providing an exceptional education to students.
- We’re reimagining learning with the goal of exceeding educational standards and norms.
- We aim to create an equipped, organized, and mobilized corps of servant leaders.