Our Belief about School Operations
At Legacy Prep, you will have the support to grow, the freedom to innovate, and you will never stop learning. You will be part of a community of game-changing educators who are creating new generational legacies for historically underserved youth in Birmingham, Alabama. We believe that we must always strive to strengthen and improve system-wide operations to meet the needs of Legacy Prep’s growing and changing community. Our operations team ensures that resources are aligned with needs, technology is leveraged to support learning and administrative needs, facilities are designed, developed, and maintained for high performance learning and working environments, environmental stewardship practices are in place, and data-based decision making leads to continuous improvement.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit and Enroll Students
- Design student recruitment plan including mailings, phone calls, events, canvassing, etc.
- Serve as lead on all events related to recruitment: including pop-up community events, interest meetings, and speaking on Legacy Prep’s behalf at outside events hosted at local schools and preschools
- Oversee student enrollment process, assist with student recruitment, and maintain all lottery records
- Oversee student re-enrollment process, manage parent communication, and manage updates to contact information and medical information
- Assist with the distribution of flyers, invitations, and other parent communication as it relates to the student recruitment process
- Lead school tours as it relates to the recruitment process, organize and schedule class observations for prospective families with current guides
- Research, manage, write content, and communicate with advertising organizations that aid in recruitment: including Lamar with billboards, Summit Media with radio, and Bham Now with online written content
- Student Information Management System
- Collect all student records, including immunization records, home language surveys, emergency contact forms, and media release forms
- Complete annual reports, daily attendance, and enrollment, withdrawal, and discipline data
- Code students for IEP, ELL, etc.
- Help develop and manage student progress report and report cards
- Manage the collection, dispersal, security, and organization of all student cumulative record files
- Assure confidentiality of files is maintained and lock files where appropriate
- Manage Main Office
- Design procedures for and manage daily student arrival and dismissal, including tardiness and early dismissal
- Design procedures for and assist families and visitors
- Ensure response to all incoming communication for school
- Manage regular external communications including behavior and academic reports, school newsletter, and notification of unexpected changes
- Maintain school supply closet
- Work in close partnership with School Leader and leadership team at Legacy Prep to ensure aligned front office procedures for both schools
- Directly manage Office Manager, operational interns, and volunteers
- Technology Management
- Manage fleet of 1:1 chromebooks and iPads for Legacy Prep and troubleshoot staff issues with technology
- Manage MDM software, onboarding and implementation of needed apps and other programs
- Manage all staff laptops, maintenance, and updates
- Manage Newline smart boards and issues related to them
- Manage copiers, copy codes, communications with copy provider, etc.
- Manage relationship with Slappey Communications and troubleshoot issues with phones, wifi, and exterior security
- School-Wide Systems
- Create and maintain duty schedules, including cleaning schedules
- Create and communicate safety-related procedures including carpool, student pick-up, etc.
- Create show-flows for field trips, picture days, and any other miscellaneous days that require a change in general schedule
- Create and follow-up on mandatory training schedules for compliance monitoring through SafeSchools
- Partner with Arts Teachers and Groups to schedule bi-annual performances: including communication internally, as well as geared toward community and families, and managing events through our landlords
- School Safety Lead
- Manage, update, and maintain School Safety Plan through nSide to ensure compliance
- Schedule and execute required fire drills, severe weather drills, and lockdown drills
- Coordinate outside trainings and facilitate school-level trainings and emergency preparedness materials
- Physical Environment of School
- Select furniture and ensure teachers have the necessary classroom tools they need
- Conduct campus audits
- Management and upkeep of facilities
- Oversee maintenance of teacher workrooms and other shared spaces
- Design student uniforms and systems for families to purchase them
- Oversee the custodial team to maintain a clean, safe environment for our students
- Ensure hallways and other public spaces reflect the school’s culture, brand, and mission
- Manage the school’s maintenance needs
- Growth Mindset
- Willing to offer support and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly during the academic year
- Other Duties
- Perform duties such as monitoring lunch, arrival, dismissal, covering classes, etc.
- Carry out any additional daily school duties as decided upon by the School Leader as well as attend and assist in school events as needed
- Ensure effective field lessons, school events, and extracurricular activities
- Model Legacy Prep core values and character strengths at all times
- Support with school culture and behavior
- File all E-rate applications and forms
- Prepare bid specification for technology equipment, software, materials and supplies
- Serve as the Website Administrator. Ensure website is kept up to date
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher degree, in Operations Management, Organizational Management, Business or related field.
- Demonstrated record of leadership, charter school operations management and interpersonal skills.
- At least three years of demonstrated and successful record of prior employment in an operational capacity preferably in an educational environment, charter school experience a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with school facilities, school operations, and relevant technologies.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, goals, educational philosophy and activities of the school, as described in the school’s charter.