Our Belief about School Operations
At Legacy Prep, you will have the support to grow, the freedom to innovate, and you will never stop learning. You will be part of a community of game-changing educators who are creating new generational legacies for historically underserved youth in Birmingham, Alabama. We believe that we must always strive to strengthen and improve system-wide operations to meet the needs of Legacy Prep’s growing and changing community. Our operations team ensures that resources are aligned with needs, technology is leveraged to support learning and administrative needs, facilities are designed, developed, and maintained for high performance learning and working environments, environmental stewardship practices are in place, and data-based decision making leads to continuous improvement.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating support for the school system and its vision, goals, and priorities.
- Provide management and supervision of the school office, principal’s office, and the school office staff as requested.
- Perform duties and represent the school system in a courteous, positive, and professional manner.
- Publish or disseminate daily bulletins or information communications for teachers and staff as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school/workplace matters in accordance with state and federal laws
- Model and maintain high ethical standards
- Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities; use time wisely, work efficiently.
- Maintain expertise in assigned area to fulfill project goals and objectives.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member.
- Demonstrate initiative in identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Respond to inquiries and requests in a timely and positive manner.
- Maintain and submit required reports, records, and correspondence in a timely and accurate manner.
- Use collaboration skills to work as a productive team member.
- Report absences and take leave in accordance with Board policies and procedures.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor(s).
- Associate’s Degree or higher
Experience and Skillset
- 2 years of experience in secretarial/bookkeeping.
- Ability to meet the suitability criteria for employment and/or certification licensure under the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 and No. 2002-457.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on communication and collaboration with a wide variety of people and groups.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and perform assignments as directed with accuracy, attention to detail, and within established time frames.
- Knowledge of computer network operations, data entry and retrieval using technology, and knowledge of bookkeeping procedures.
- Ability to utilize or develop proficiency in the use of PowerSchool or other school/system software.
- Ability to remain calm and use good judgment in emergency situations.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and initiative in dealing with students, parents, faculty, and the public.
- Ability to organize and maintain accurate records.
- Possess and demonstrate high ethical standards, accountability, and integrity and ensure compliance with local school financial guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to use technology to communicate, to manage data, and to produce/submit required reports, correspondence.
- Ability to be punctual and in regular attendance.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may require.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, goals, educational philosophy and activities of the school, as described in the school’s charter.